"Let none other take apart
the soul that lives and breathes the heart"
~ Ronda Eller, "Sister-Brother-Sisterhood", Whale Songs in the Aurora Borealis, 2005
"Through pleasure and pain we love - we sigh."
~ Ronda Wicks Eller, "Spectre", Hoofprints On The Moon, 2019
This website is best viewed from a PC or Laptop browser. Not all pages have been updated for cellular phone display.
Described as a "modern formalist" poet by Penn Kemp, London, Ontario Poet Laureate, Ronda has offered her creative insights to the public since 1995. She uses a variety of styles to suit the mood of any topic she is wrestling into shape, and enjoys experimenting in new and more traditional formats equally. Her early poems were published under her married name Eller, with haiku under her haijin "kinshu ori" (which means "little pen") but with more recent recognition of artistry using her Wicks surname, she has used both names together since 2016.
In addition to writing poetry and editing her own work, Ronda is actively engaged (by contract) as an editor for other poets, as a book cover artist / designer, and a book interior designer. If you need this service please inquire about availability using the contact link at the top of this webpage. Please also include a description of your project.
On this website you can:
1) Click directly on the "Book Nook" link (not the drop-down menu) to see books available now and make purchases.
2) Use the "Archives" link to learn about books out-of-print, read reviews and author notes, get links to some available for reading online.
3) Use the "Sample Poems" link to read a few examples of Ronda's poetry, watch videos and access the portal to Ronda's YouTube channel
4) Read Ronda's VERY occasional Blog posts
5) Peruse Ronda's sketches, line art and paintings under the "Artistry" link
6) View a sampling of Book Covers Ronda has designed
7) Use the "Bio/CV" link to learn her background and accomplishments as an author
8) Follow "Links" to explore Ronda's friends in poetry, novel-writing and publishing.
9) Contact Ronda
71 Canadian poets were translated into Bengali in 2016 by translator Parvez Chowdhury. Bengali readers have gradually become more interested in Canadian poetry and 71 is significant in Bangladesh where it is connected with 1971, the year it gained its independence. The poets are:
Terry Ann Carter
George Elliott Clarke
Ronda Wicks Eller
Kate Marshall Flaherty
Jane Eaton Hamilton
John B. Lee
Linda Rogers vanKrugel