"Let none other take apart
the soul that lives and breathes the heart"
~ Ronda Eller, "Sister-Brother-Sisterhood", Whale Songs in the Aurora Borealis, 2005
"Through pleasure and pain we love - we sigh."
~ Ronda Wicks Eller, "Spectre", Hoofprints On The Moon, 2019
This website is best viewed from a PC or Laptop browser. Not all pages have been updated for cellular phone display.
Described as a "modern formalist" poet, Ronda has offered her creative insights to the public arena since 1995, and she uses a variety of styles to suit the mood of any topic she is wrestling into shape. She enjoys experimenting in new and more traditional formats equally. Her early poems were published under her married name Eller and haiku under her haijin "kinshu ori", which means "little pen", but with more recent recognition of her artistry under the Wicks surname, she has used both names together in publication since 2016.
In 2015 Ronda began her first novel writing venture. It culminated in a four book series, The From North to South Quadrilogy, that was published in a very minor way in 2019. In spare time, between her other commitments, she has been reworking and streamlining each book for republication as one, larger book containing all.
In addition to writing poetry and editing her novels, Ronda is actively engaged (by contract) as an editor for other poets, as a book cover artist / designer, and book interior designer. If you need this service feel free to inquire about availability using the contact link provided at the top of this webpage. Please also include a description of your project.
On this website you can:
1) Use the "Book Nook" link to see the books available now and make purchases.
2) Use the "Archives" link to learn about books out-of-print, read reviews and author notes, get links to some available for reading online.
3) Use the "Sample Poems" link to read a few examples of Ronda's poetry, watch videos and access the portal to Ronda's YouTube channel
4) Read Ronda's occasional Blog posts
5) See some of Ronda's sketches, line art and paintings under the "Artistry" link
6) View a sampling of book covers Ronda has designed
7) Use the "Bio/CV" link to learn her background and accomplishments as an author
8) Follow "Links" to explore Ronda's friends in poetry, novel-writing and publishing.
9) Contact Ronda
Feel free to right click and download or send either (or both) of these handy business cards to your home printer for quick reference. A regular left click of your mouse on the SkyWing Press card will take you to its own website.
Not looking to make a purchase but interested in supporting Ronda's creative endeavours?
Any size donation is gratefully received!
71 Canadian poets were translated into Bengali in 2016 by translator Parvez Chowdhury. Bengali readers have gradually become more interested in Canadian poetry and 71 is significant in Bangladesh where it is connected with 1971, the year it gained its independence. The poets are:
Terry Ann Carter
George Elliott Clarke
Ronda Wicks Eller
Kate Marshall Flaherty
Jane Eaton Hamilton
John B. Lee
Linda Rogers vanKrugel